February 2010 Wind Storm
Late in the night on February 25, 2010, thousands of New Hampshire residents woke to the sounds of pouring rain, howling winds, and branches being torn from trees.
The powerful storm that hit New Hampshire late last month brought down miles of power line, snapped utility poles in half, even lifted tool sheds over neighbors’ fences. In several parts of the state, so many roads were impassable that residents were trapped in their neighborhoods, or found themselves getting lost as they tried to navigate a safe route to work.
Learn about the storm that caused all of this damage, PSNH’s response, the crews that came to our aid, and more in PSNH’s 2010 New Hampshire Wind Storm report, published in March.
- Whither the Wind – Interview with a Meteorologist
- Generator Safety – A Message From the NH State Fire Marshal's Office (1:00 min, .mp3)
- February Wind Storm Day One (YouTube)
- February Wind Storm Day Two (YouTube)
- February Wind Storm Day Three (YouTube)
- February Wind Storm Day Three Again (YouTube)
- Generator Safety – A Message From the NH State Fire Marshal's Office (YouTube)